For the purposes of this policy:
- Confidentiality means restricting access to information to authorised persons at authorised times and in an authorised manner;
- Integrity means safeguarding the accuracy and completeness of information; and
- Availability means ensuring that authorised users have access to information at authorised times.
- Information Asset means any intangible electronic information (separate from the media upon which it resides) owned, controlled or hosted by Coral Cove
- Information System means any tangible item such as hardware, software, communications facilities and networks, used to store, process and transmit
Information Assets owned, controlled, or hosted by Coral Cove.
Information security governance framework
Coral Coves ICT Policy Committee has delegated responsibility and authority for all matters related to information security including:
- Monitoring the ongoing relevance of the Information Security policy, and implementing and disseminating revisions as necessary;
- Considering and ruling on requests for exemption from the Information Security policy;
- Monitoring compliance with the Information Security policy; and
- Actioning Information Security policy violations.
Asset classification and control
All Information Systems and Information Assets must be uniquely identified, assigned a classification and an Information Owner; and
The Information Owner will decide who is authorised to access an Information System or Information Asset, the type of access (read, modify, delete, copy), where it can be accessed, when it can be accessed, and if and how it may be made public.
- Every individual who uses or has access to Coral Cove information, information systems or computer equipment be made aware of the “Coral Cove” Information Security Policy; and
- They be advised that they are responsible for maintaining information security, including, but not limited to:
a. Complying with all information security policies standards and procedures;
b. Ensuring information is only used for the purpose it was collected as defined by the Information Owner;
c. Maintaining confidentiality of passwords; and
d. Promptly reporting evidence of attempts to compromise security or misuse of information or information systems to the Information Owner
Physical and environmental security
All Information Systems or Information Assets classified as “critical” must be housed in a physically secure area, protected by a defined security perimeter, with appropriate security barriers and entry controls. It must be physically protected from unauthorised access, damage and interference
Communications and operations management
Communications of sensitive Information Assets, either within Coral Cove facilities or involving third parties, must be secured in a proper manner commensurate with the value and sensitivity of the Information Assets; and
Appropriate processes be implemented and maintained in the general Coral Cove operation to ensure that Information Systems and Information Assets are protected from electronic attacks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Access to Information Assets and Information Systems will be granted in a controlled manner, by the Information Owner, driven by business requirements such as the users role or the “need to know” principle; and
Read only access to Information Assets classified as public does not require a formal authentication and authorisation process.
Systems development and maintenance
Appropriate security is to be designed and implemented into all stages of the Information System Life Cycle (design, implementation, operation, and disposal).
Business continuity management
All Critical Information Systems have a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to ensure the ability to recovery from failure or unexpected interruption; and
The Information Owner is responsible for the implementation of a routine of risk assessment in order to refine the recovery requirements. The Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans must be updated to reflect these refinements.
All applicable legal, statutory, contractual or regulatory requirements for information security will be documented and defined by Coral Cove solicitor; and
Every individual who uses or has access to information, information systems or computer equipment will be made aware of their responsibilities to comply with all legal, statutory, contractual or regulatory requirements pertaining to the information or information systems.
This policy was approved by the Coral Cove ITC Policy Committee on 11th November 2015.
The Managing Director is responsible for:
- protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the custody of Coral Cove and the software and hardware that processes it;
- the related privacy rights of the business, operations and staff and other individuals. Coral Cove Risk Management
Other Relevant Information
The legislation and other relevant Coral Cove policies relevant to this policy are:
- Copyright Policy
- Accessibility Policy
- IT Security Policy
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Code of Conduct
- compliance with relevant Commonwealth and State legislation and regulations, such as intellectual property and copyright;
- the preservation of information in the event of a disaster; and
- respecting the rights of other users of the Internet and their similar needs to protect information and computer systems.
- Compliance with this policy and all supporting standards and procedures is mandatory for staff, contractors, and other third parties who in the course of their work have access to Coral Cove information, information systems and other facilities on the computer network. The unauthorised modification, deletion, or disclosure of information included in Coral Cove information systems can compromise the integrity of business operations, violate individual privacy rights and possibly constitute a criminal act, and is expressly forbidden.
This policy is not limited to those systems and equipment operated and maintained by the central Information Systems Department but applies to all information systems and computer equipment on site or belonging to Coral Cove.